Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Why not smile? A quarterback's plight!

  Arizona Cardinal quarterback Derek Anderson has a right to be pissed. 
Anderson was caught smiling and laughing with teammate Deuce Lutui during a blowout loss to the San Fransisco 49ers.  After the game Anderson was questioned over and over by reporters of why he was laughing and joking with his teammate.
  Anderson responded that he and Lutui was telling him to keep his chin up and made some funny remarks.  Questioned once again about laughing on the sidelines, Anderson finally lost his cool and went on a profanity laced tirade.
   "You think I'm laughing about something?"  "I take this serious!  Very serious!"  "I put my heart and soul into this each and every week!"  "I'm telling you what I do each and every week!"  "I put my heart and soul into this!"  "I dont go out there and laugh!"  "It's not funny!"  "Nothing's funny to me!  I don't want to go out there and get embarrassed on Monday Night Football in front of everyone!"
   Now here come's my opinions!  If I'm Anderson I walk off of that podium and reach out and slap each and every reporter who asked me these stupid fucking questions!  What the fuck are these people thinking?  I mean for Christ's sake Derek isn't out there for shits and giggles!  He's out there trying to win some goddamn football games!  This is how he earns his living.  He wants to be good!  He wants to make people proud!  He wants to be known as a good quarterback who's a true winner!
   For all of you fantasy league playing idiots, take note... Derek Anderson might not be your fantasy player but he is one hell of a human being for giving it his all for 16 games per year.  To all of you reporters who think you know everything there is about the sports you cover.  Learn some fucking manners and give a man a break.  I promise you, he'd kick your ass all over a field or court each and everytime you competed!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment