Sunday, January 16, 2011

When we were young.

   I've been sitting here watching old movies and catching up with old friends on facebook when I got to thinking about old times.  You know these times.  The times when we were young.  I can remember when I got my drivers license and driving as fast as I possibly could.  Now that I've gotten older and have a family I watch the speed limit because I'm afraid of speeding tickets, insurance rates raising, blowing an engine ect...
    I remember when I was younger my mother yelling at me for being to destructive in the house with my friends and how it would piss me off.  Now when my kids have friends over to the house I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting for these fucking heathens to leave my house.
   I remember eating pizza each and every day when i was a teenager.  Now If I eat pizza I'm laid up for a week with heartburn.  Remember when we could get about 4 of us and cruise the strip on about 5 bux?  Now if I want to cruise the goddamn strip I have to take out a second mortgage on my house.  I can remember when I would cash in cans to get enough money to go out with friends to the arcade to play "frogger" or "centipede" till my fingers bled.  Now my fucking kids are wearing 3-D glasses trying to find Osama Bin Laden so they can kill him.
   I can remember when I had to be home by midnight on Friday and Saturday nights.  Now the kids tell me that "shit don't happen till midnight".  What the fuck is that all about?  I can remember when I listend to Ozzy Osbourne and people thought it was the "Devil's Music" and I would go to hell.  Now we've got kids listening to Eminem singing how he needs to fuck his mother in the asshole and thats normal in today's society.  Lord have mercy!
    I can remember when if your mother caught your touching your wiener wink she would tell you to stop it because it could make you go blind.  Now you encourage your kids to touch their privates instead of engaging in full body contact.  I can remember when you would get into a fight with the local gang you would have a good 3 to 4 friends there to help you out.  Now if you get into a fight with the local gang you need 3 or 4 Uzi's to make it out alive.  
     I remember when I was younger and wanted to be so much older and now I wish I was so much younger.  Times sure are a changing people.

No comments:

Post a Comment