Saturday, January 22, 2011

NFL Conference Championship Games

  Tomorrow is the NFL conference championship games. These games will determine who plays in Super Bowl 45.  In the early game which is to start at 2:00pm CST, we have the Green Bay Packers vs. the Chicago Bears.  This has alot of history between the two programs.  I expect a bloodbath with this game.
    Green Bay is the visitor with an up and coming quarterback by the name of Aaron Rodgers.  Chicago has Jay Cutler at quarterback who has a ton of NFL experience.  I'm looking at both sides of the ball when I try and predict this game.
    Green Bay has the more explosive offense in this game.  Chicago has the so called better defense in this game.  The only problem is that Green Bay's defense has been kicking ass and taking names lately.  The visiting Packers are a 3 point favorite for this game.  My mind and gut feeling is telling me that if I'm betting the spread take the Bears.  My gut is telling me for the win take Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers!
    We move onto the late game between the New York Jets vs. the Pittsburgh Steelers.  We have the most exciting coach in the NFL with Rex Ryan coaching the Jets.  We have the most exciting defense in the NFL with the Steelers.  New York has the better running game.  Pittsburgh has the better defense along with the better quarterback with Ben Rothlisberger.
    For some reason, I have this feeling that the Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez is going to light up the Steelers defense with his passing game.  The running game will start the Jets off with Sanchez taking up the slack in the passing game.  The Steelers can pass with the best of them but they can't run like the Jets.  I can see a back and forth game all night long.  I can see  this game going the distance.  In the long run, I see the New York Jets beating the Pittsburgh Steelers to advance to the Super Bowl for the first time in 42 years.
    My prediction is the Green Bay Packers vs. the New York Jets in SuperBowl 45.

No comments:

Post a Comment